How to cook Parmesan Potato Crusted Walleye
- 4 walleye fillets (about 6-8 ounces each)
- 1 cup butter & herb instant potato flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter, separated
- Lemon wedges or Tartar Sauce (see the recipe below) for garnish
You will need three dishes for coating the fish.
Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- Pat fish fillets dry and season with salt and pepper (not too much salt as there is sodium in the Parmesan).
- Place flour in first dish dish.
- Mix egg and milk in second dish.
- Mix potato flakes and Parmesan in the third dish.
- Dredge fish fillet first in the flour, dip in egg mixture and then roll in potato flake mixture.
- Repeat until all fillets are coated.
- Heat heavy pan over medium low heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add 2 fillets to the heated pan and saute until golden brown on first side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil and fry another 2 fillets.
- Serve the Parmesan Potato Crusted Walleye with wild rice, steamed mixed veggies and lemon wedges or Tartar Sauce.
How to cook Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon or white table vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For an added kick, add some capers or horseradish
- To make a simple Tartar Sauce combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
The Parmesan Potato Crusted Walleye is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Parmesan Potato Crusted Walleye serves/makes: 4 servings
The Parmesan Potato Crusted Walleye recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed