How to cook Paua with Avocado and Mozzarella
- 1 pound tenderized paua (abalone) steaks, 1/4 thick
- 2 small cans green chili peppers
- 1 pound Mozzarella cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/2 cup cracker or bread crumbs
- Dip paua (abalone) steaks in beaten egg, then shake in a bag with the crumbs.
- Finely slice the peppers, cheese and avocado.
- Lay ingredients on paua (abalone) steak, roll the steak tightly and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Bake in uncovered casserole dish 15 minutes at 350°F (180°C).
- Serve the Paua with Avocado and Mozzarella warm.
The Paua with Avocado and Mozzarella recipe easy to cook and so good!
Paua is the Maori (New Zealand) name given to three species of large edible sea snails, marine gastropod molluscs which belong to the family Haliotidae (there is only genus Haliotis), known in the USA and Australia as abalone, and in the UK as ormer shells.
This recipe for Paua with Avocado and Mozzarella serves/makes: 4 servings
The Paua with Avocado and Mozzarella recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: New Zealand
(more New Zealand