How to cook Peppered Lemon Swordfish Steaks
- 1 1/4 pound swordfish steak (1-inch thick), cut into 4 equal pieces
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried, crumbled*
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried*
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper*
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C), or prepare grill.
- Place each piece of fish on center of double layer of foil (or 1 layer heavy-duty foil).
- Top evenly with lemons, onion, rosemary, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Fold into packets, leaving room for packets to expand.
- If baking, place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake or grill until fish is opaque, 10-12 minutes.
The Peppered Lemon Swordfish Steaks recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Fragrant fresh hefbs. this delicious baked swordfish ís best accompanied by a hot steamed rice dish and a green salad.
*If herbs and black pepper aren't your thing, use the smaller amount.
When testing the fish for doneness open the packets carefully to avoid the hot steam that will escape.
The packets can be prepared in the morning or the day before and kept in the refrigerator.
This recipe for Peppered Lemon Swordfish Steaks serves/makes: 4 servings
The Peppered Lemon Swordfish Steaks recipe is adopted from The One-Pot Wonders: Effortless Meals for Hectic Nights by Editors of Woman's Day.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Baked