4 - 6 servings
How to cook Perch Chowder
- 1 pound perch (or other fish) fillets cut in 1-inch chunks
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 can cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can creamed corn
- Brown slices of bacon in a deep pan on the stove and reserve two tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Place the bacon drippings in a large pan that has a cover.
- Add onion, carrot and celery to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the perch fillets, potatoes, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 10 minutes.
- Blend in the milk and the corn. Stir and heat (do not boil) until heated through.
- Sprinkle each serving with the crumbled bacon.
- Serve the Perch Chowder hot with crusty bread or crackers.
The Perch Chowder is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Perch Chowder serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Perch Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew