How to cook Perch Sesame
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) fillet of perch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- About 1 cup (140 g) flour, for dredging
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter
- Pat fillet dry with paper toweling.
- Cut fillet into 4 serving pieces.
- Salt and pepper on both sides.
- Into 3 separate bowls, transfer flour, beaten eggs and sesame seeds.
- Dip each fillet into flour (shake off excess), then into beaten eggs and then into sesame seeds, coating completely.
- Heat together vegetable oil and butter into a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When bubbling subsides, transfer fillet pieces into skillet.
- Fry, turning once, until crispy on the outside and opaque inside, for about 8 minutes.
- Drain onto paper toweling.
Preparation + cooking time: 25 minutes
This recipe for Perch Sesame serves/makes: 4
The Perch Sesame recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed