How to cook Perch Skillet Supper with Orzo
- 6 to 10 perch, snapper or other medium firm fish fillets (about 4 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine or defatted chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice from one lemon
- Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling water (follow package directions).
- Fry perch fillets in olive oil about half way done and place on paper towel to dry.
- Drain pan of old oil. In the same pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil, over medium-high heat, cook onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Cut perch into small cubes and add to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, wine or chicken broth, salt, pepper flakes, and dill and bring to boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked orzo, parsley, and Parmesan. Toss well.
- This the Perch Skillet Supper with Orzo dish is particularly good the next day, just warm and add lemon juice.
The Perch Skillet Supper with Orzo recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Perch Skillet Supper with Orzo serves/makes: 6 servings
The Perch Skillet Supper with Orzo recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed