How to cook Peruvian Fried Fish with Avocado Pure
- 1 1/2 pounds flounder or other white-fleshed fish fillets
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine (1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 large potato, peeled, boiled, and sliced
- Season the fillets with 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until hot. Add the fillets and fry them lightly until just cooked through. Let cool, then chill.
- Peel and pit the avocado. In a bowl mash the avocado, add the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, onion, and parsley, and combine well.
- Line a serving platter with the sliced potato. Place the fish fillets in the center and pour the avocado puree over all.
The Peruvian Fried Fish with Avocado Pure recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Peruvian name for this recipe is Filet de Pescado con Salsa de Palta
This recipe for Peruvian Fried Fish with Avocado Pure serves/makes: 6
The Peruvian Fried Fish with Avocado Pure (Filet de Pescado con Salsa de Palta) recipe is adopted from The Exotic Kitchens of Peru by Copeland Marks - 1996.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed
Cuisine: South American
(more South American