How to cook Peruvian Steamed Fish Fillets
- 1 1/2 pounds flounder, corvina (cod), or other white-fleshed fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 large onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 10 sprigs parsley, leaves only, chopped
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, paprika and salt and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Cover the mixture completely with the fish fillets.
- Add the wine, cover the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes over low heat, which is just enough time to steam the fish. Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve the Peruvian Steamed Fish Fillets with lemon slices, accompanied by sliced boiled potatoes, sliced boiled yuca, or hot steamed white rice.
The Peruvian Steamed Fish Fillets recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Peruvian name for this recipe is Pescado Sudado
This recipe for Peruvian Steamed Fish Fillets serves/makes: 6
The Peruvian Steamed Fish Fillets (Pescado Sudado) recipe is adopted from The Exotic Kitchens of Peru by Copeland Marks - 1996.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Steamed
Cuisine: South American
(more South American