4 - 6 servings
How to cook Pesang Pompano with Florentina Dip
- 1 whole pompano, gutted, scaled, cleaned and cut into serving-size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 thumb-size ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon patis (Filipino fish sauce)
- 5 - 6 cups water or rice washing
- 1 bunch bokchoy, ends trimmed and leaves separated
- 1 small napa cabbage, ends trimmed and leaves separated
- 2 - 3 stalks green onions, cut into 1 inch length
- Florentina Dip (see the recipe below)
Florentina Dip Ingredients:
- Season fish with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a frying pan, heat about 1 inch of oil over medium heat, fry potatoes until lightly brown and tender.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towel.
- In a pot, heat about 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add onions, garlic, and ginger and cook for about 2 - 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add patis (fish sauce) and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add fish and fried potatoes and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes or until fish and potatoes are fully cooked through.
- Add bokchoy and cabbage and continue to cook for about 2 - 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender yet crisp.
- Add green onions and continue for about another 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Pesang Pompano with Florentina Dip.
How to cook Florentina Dip
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
- Saute onion and tomatoes until done.
- Season with salt and pepper.
The Pesang Pompano with Florentina Dip is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Pesang Pompano with Florentina Dip serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Pesang Pompano with Florentina Dip recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pompano
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew