How to cook Pickerel Soup
- 2 pounds pickerel or pike fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon savory
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut fish fillets into serving pieces.
- Put butter, oil, carrots, onions, and tomatoes in large pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add water and noodles. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and add thyme, savory, salt and pepper.
- Carefully add fish and simmer for 20 minutes.
The Pickerel Soup recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
is often a name given to walleye, although the true name belongs to the chain pickerel. Common nicknames in the southeastern United States are the southern pike and jack fish.
This recipe for Pickerel Soup serves/makes: 8
The Pickerel Soup recipe is adopted from The Native Indian Cookbook - 1977.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew