6 appetizer servings
How to cook Pickled Walleye or Northern Pike
- 2 pounds Walleye or Northern Pike fillets
- 2 large onions
- 2 cups white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons pickling spices
- Cut walleye or pike fillets into small 1 inch squares about 1/4 inch thick (remove all bones).
- Mix vinegar, salt, sugar, and pickling spices in a pan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Slice the onions.
- Place the fish and onions in layers in a glass bowl. Layer of fish, then a layer of onion.
- Pour the liquid into the bowl of layered fish.
- Place a glass plate over the top to keep the ingredients submerged.
- Let sit until room temperature.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Serve the Pickled Walleye or Northern Pike cold as an appetizer with crackers.
The Pickled Walleye or Northern Pike is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Pickled Walleye or Northern Pike serves/makes: 6 appetizer servings
The Pickled Walleye or Northern Pike recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked