6 - 8
How to cook Pike Casserole
- 2 pounds pike or pickerel fillets, cut into pieces
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly grease baking dish and alternate layers of fish, potatoes and onions, beginning and ending with potatoes.
- Distribute chopped bacon over each layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover the mixture with cold water. Cover and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 35 to 40 minutes.
The Pike Casserole recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
is often a name given to walleye, although the true name belongs to the chain pickerel. Common nicknames in the southeastern United States are the southern pike and jack fish.
This recipe for Pike Casserole serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Pike Casserole recipe is adopted from The Native Indian Cookbook - 1977.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Baked