How to cook Pike with Caper Sauce
- 1 (2-pound / 1-kg) pike
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 g) butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil
- 3 tablespoons (26.25 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) fish broth
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) capers, drained
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) lemon juice
- Well rinse pike salt and pepper inside of pike.
- Preheat a microwave-safe roasting pan for 7 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Add butter and pour in oil microwave for 40 seconds on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Brown pike on both sides.
- Cover pike microwave for 6 minutes on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM', until fish is done.
- Rotate pan after 3 minutes.
- Remove fish from pan reserve.
- Sprinkle flour onto roasting pan.
- Mix well.
- Stir in fish broth.
- Microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 5 to 6 minutes, until sauce is thick enough, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Mix in capers, chopped anchovy fillets, sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Coat fish with sauce.
- Reheat for 2 to 3 minutes, on 'MEDIUM'.
This recipe for Pike with Caper Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Pike with Caper Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Microwave