How to cook Pike with Sour Cream
- 1 (2-pound / 1-kg) pike, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspon (2.5 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly minced dill
- Minced dill
- Cut 4 to 5 shallow slits on each side of pike
- Season the inside with salt and pepper.
- Cream together sour cream, grated cheese and dill.
- Coat top and sides of fish with mixture.
- Generously sprinkle with paprika.
- Transfer pike into a well buttered long enough dish.
- Do not cover.
- Microwave pike for 6 to 8 minutes on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM'.
- Cooking time may vary slightly according to the size of the fish.
- To check for doneness, just lift the flesh with a fork if it flakes easily, the fish is done.
- Leave fish to rest for 5 minutes, covered.
- If desired, sprinkle fish with more minced dill.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Waiting time: 5 minutes
This recipe for Pike with Sour Cream serves/makes: 2
The Pike with Sour Cream recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Microwave