6 - 8 servings
How to cook Pinalamang Pusit (Stuffed Squid)
- 2 pounds large pusit (squids)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tablespoons calamansi juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons black pepper (crushed)
- 3 scallions
- 1 cup chili garlic sauce
- Clean the squid by removing the skin and ink.
- Mix the lemon juice and the soy sauce.
- Once the squid are cleaned marinate it on the mix lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Cut tomatoes and the onions into cubes.
- Mix calamansi juice, soy sauce, crushed black pepper, tomatoes and the onions.
- Stuff the squid with all the mixture and put the scallions on top of it.
- Seal the squid with toothpick or a small size bamboo stick.
- Using a cutter or a knife, make criss-cross strokes into the squids.
- Cook the stuffed squids over a grill for 15 minutes or until it is toasted. (Make sure not to cook the squid too much as will make the squid a little hard to chew.)
- Serve with chili garlic sauce and best with beer on the side.
The Pinalamang Pusit (Stuffed Squid) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The dish may be served as is or you may choose to slice each squid. This also goes well with a sauce dip which is a combination of soy sauce, vinegar, minced onions and sugar.
This recipe for Pinalamang Pusit (Stuffed Squid) serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Pinalamang Pusit (Stuffed Squid) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled