2 - 3 servings
How to cook Pinoy Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit)
- 1 large squid (pusit), cut into bite-size pieces or 1 pound small squids
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, sliced thin
- 1 large tomato, sliced small
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 red chili pepper
- 4 green chili pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 stalk fresh spring onions for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute (in order) onions, ginger, garlic and tomatoes. Add the sliced squid and patis.
- Continue to saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour vinegar and water. Cover. Do not mix until it boil.
- Add brown sugar, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix occasionally until squid is cooked and sauce thickens but not overcooked.
- Garnish with chili peppers and spring onions.
- Serve the Pinoy Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit) with steamed rice.
The Pinoy Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Adobo (a Filipino dish cooked in vinegar and soy sauce) is a Filipino food favorite. May the recipe be done with pork, chicken or a combination of both. It could be also good with beef or fish. There are lots of variations in cooking adobo recipe.
Kining sud-ana makasingot sa ka lami. (This kind of food will make you sweat with its good taste).
This recipe for Pinoy Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit) serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The Pinoy Adobo Squid (Adobong Pusit) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered