4 - 6
How to cook Pinoy Cardillong Bangus
- 1 medium sized (about 2 pounds) bangus (milkfish), sliced 4-5 pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2-3 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon patis (fish sauce)
- 1teaspoon MSG or vetsin
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- Cooking oil
- Sprinkle a little salt on bangus. Set aside for 1 hour. Fry until golden brown.
- Saute garlic until brown, add onion and tomatoes then add the patis.
- Stir for 3 minutes and pour in water. Season with vetsin.
- When it boils, add fried bangus and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in slightly beaten egg.
- Serve the Pinoy Cardillong Bangus hot.
The Pinoy Cardillong Bangus recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Kining sud-ana makasingot sa ka lami. (This kind of food will make you sweat with its good taste.)
The Filipino national fish is milkfish. The milkfish is a national symbol of the Philippines, where it is called bangus
. Because milkfish is notorious for being much bonier than other food fish in the country, deboned milkfish, or "boneless bangus", has become popular in stores and markets.
Bangus (milkfish) can be bought in Filipino stores and mullet may be substituted.
This recipe for Pinoy Cardillong Bangus serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Pinoy Cardillong Bangus recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Milkfish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed