4 - 6 servings
How to cook Pinoy Citrus Fried Mackerel (Tanigue)
- 2 ponds mackerel (tanigue) steakes
- 2 lemon or 8 calamansi
- 2 middle size onions, cut into rings
- 1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Squeeze the squeeze lemon or calamansi juice into the fish then sprinkle with salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan (wait for the oil until its very hot so that the fish will not stick in the bottom of the frying pan) then fry the fish adjust the heat to medium so that the inner part will be cooked evenly then when it is almost done, increase the heat to high to make the fish crispy and golden brown.Place the cooked fish on your serving plate.
- In the same pan, stir fry green beans and onion rings browning the edges a bit but not too much that it will become limp.
- Serve the Pinoy Citrus Fried Mackerel (Tanigue) with fried green beans and onion rings.
The Pinoy Citrus Fried Mackerel (Tanigue)
recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Pinoy Citrus Fried Mackerel (Tanigue) serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Pinoy Citrus Fried Mackerel (Tanigue) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed