3 - 4 servings
How to cook Pinoy Galunggong Pinangat Sa Kamias
- 1 pound fresh small galunggong (mackerel scad or round scad)
- 6 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 large kamias
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon patis (fish pasta)
- 1 tablespoon vetsin or MSG
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3/4 cup water
- Cut off ends of kamias. Slice into halves, lengthwise. Put on a shallow pan, add onion and tomatoes.
- Pour in water and cooking oil, add patis, salt and vetsin.
- Arrange galunggong on top of mixtures. Cover and cook for 15 - 20 minutes over low heat.
The Pinoy Galunggong Pinangat Sa Kamias recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Kining sud-ana makasingot sa ka lami. (This kind of food will make you sweat with its good taste.)
is a spicy vegetable wrap that is a delicacy in the Bicol Region of the Philippines. The wonderful taste of seafood, vegetables, and chili peppers.
Kamias or kamyas is the Tagalog term for bilimbi - the small, sour, greenish or yellowish cucumber-shaped fruit, eaten as a pickle or used in relishes and various dishes.
This recipe for Pinoy Galunggong Pinangat Sa Kamias serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Pinoy Galunggong Pinangat Sa Kamias recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered