2 - 3 servings
How to cook Pinoy Sisig na Pusit (Squid Sisig)
- 1 pound small pusit (squids), washed
- 2 tablespoons olive or any other type of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill squid until cooked. Chop squid removing innards and transparent backbone. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and melt butter. Saute onions and ginger for a minute. Add green and red bell peppers and continue to saute for 2 minutes.
- Add squid and continue to saute for about 3 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add brown sugar. Stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to stir fry until cooked.
- Serve the Pinoy Sisig na Pusit (Squid Sisig) hot with steamed rice.
The Pinoy Sisig na Pusit (Squid Sisig) recipe very easy to cook and so good!
Sisig na pusit is a healthier version of the usual pork sisig. If you opt to make it spicy, just use chili pepper instead of green and red bell pepper. You may garnish it also with a fresh egg if you wish.
Here's a squid recipe that is a good viand, pica-pica or a "pulutan" for the beer drinkers out there.
This recipe for Pinoy Sisig na Pusit (Squid Sisig) serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The Pinoy Sisig na Pusit (Squid Sisig) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed