How to cook Pirate Prawns
- 12 large tiger prawns (shrimps), peeled and cleaned
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 teaspoons butter
- Stir together the rum and lime juice, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add prawns to the skillet, and cook until they are just starting to turn pink.
- Spoon the rum and lime juice mixture over the prawns one tablespoon at a time.
- Light the rum on fire after each tablespoon. Be careful!
The Pirate Prawns is a very affordable dish. Extravagant, simple, and easy recipe.
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Ready in 20 minutes
Never pour alcohol from the bottle near an open flame. The flame can run up the alcohol into bottle and, in the worst case, explode.
This recipe for Pirate Prawns serves/makes: 4
The Pirate Prawns recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed