How to cook Plaice Fillet in Orange Sauce
- 1 plaice (flounder) fillet, about 6 ounces
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 ounces snap peas
- Sugar to taste
- 2-3 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 2 orange slices for garnish
- Saute leek in a frying pan with olive oil, stirring often, until turn sticky and soft without coloring, for about 10 minutes.
- Add snap peas and cook 2 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir, remove from the pan and set aside and keep warm.
- Melt a pinch of sugar in the same pan, pour in orange juice and add salt and pepper.
- Rinse the fish fillet under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a bed of cooked rice with the leek, snap peas and the tasty cooking juices poured on top.
- Garnish with orange slices.
The Plaice Fillet in Orange Sauce
is a very affordable dish. So quick and easy to cook - healthy as well.
This recipe for Plaice Fillet in Orange Sauce serves/makes: 1 serving
The Plaice Fillet in Orange Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered