4 - 6
How to cook Plaice with White Wine
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds (680 g to 1 kg) plaice fillets
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- 1 (10-ounce / 284-mL) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) thyme
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter, melted 1 minute on 'HIGH'
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) paprika
- 1 cup (250 mL) white wine
- Arrange fish fillets, rolled or not, side-by-side into a microwave-safe dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter for 1 minute on 'MAXIMUM' pour over fish.
- Mix together mushroom slices, minced green onion, salt and pepper, bay leaf and thyme sprinkle over fish.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, melted butter and paprika sprinkle over fish.
- Pour white wine all around, not over, fish.
- Microwave for 6 to 8 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', sprinkling fish with cooking juices after 5 minutes.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 9 minutes
Thyme and white wine are always perfect with white fish.
This recipe for Plaice with White Wine serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Plaice with White Wine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Microwave