How to cook Poached Carp
- 2 pounds/1 kg carp
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- 2-3 pepper berries
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2-3 potatoes
- Clean, wash, salt the fish and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. In the meantime, set the vegetables to boil with 1 qt. of water, some salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- Let boil until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, add the quartered potatoes and let boil for a few minutes.
- Add the fish pieces.
- Let everything simmer, covered, until the fish and potatoes are done.
- After the fish has cooled off, remove from the pot and place in the middle of a platter, surrounded by vegetables and potatoes.
- Mix the oil with the lemon juice and 2-3 tablespoons of the poaching liquid and pour over the fish and vegetables.
- Then spread some chopped parsley on the top.
This recipe for Poached Carp serves/makes: 4
The Poached Carp recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered