How to cook Poached Carp with Mushrooms
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) carp fillets, skinned and cut into large pieces
- Butter for greasing
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup double cream (heavy cream)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a large ovenproof dish.
- Set the oven at 325 degrees F (160°C).
- Arrange the carp fillets in the dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, add the wine and cover with a sheet of buttered greaseproof paper.
- Oven-poach for 25 - 35 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon and a fish slice, transfer the carp fillets to a serving dish and keep hot.
- Reserve the cooking liquid.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the onion and fry gently for 3-4 minutes until transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and fry gently for 3 minutes and add the parsley.
- Sprinkle in the flour, stir well and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the reserved poaching liquid, mixing well.
- Simmer the sauce for 3 - 4 minutes until thick, then stir in the cream.
- Heat gently, but do not boil.
- Taste the sauce, add salt and pepper, then pour it over the poached carp .
- Serve the Poached Carp with Mushrooms immediately.
This recipe for Poached Carp with Mushrooms serves/makes: 6
The Poached Carp with Mushrooms recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered