How to cook Poached Hake with Mornay Sauce
- 2 lb (0.9 kg) hake fillets
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) fish stock
- butter for greasing
- 2 cups (500 ml) Mornay sauce
- 2 oz (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cut each fillet into 3 portions and poach gently for 10 minutes in the wine and stock.
- Drain the fillets and arrange in a greased oven to table baking dish.
- Reduce the cooking liquid to half its volume by heating, and add to the Mornay sauce.
- Cover the fish with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the Poached Hake with Mornay Sauce with the cheese, dot with butter, and brown lightly under the grill.
Mornay Sauce - A cheese sauce used to coat fish, eggs or vegetables.
This recipe for Poached Hake with Mornay Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Poached Hake with Mornay Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered