How to cook Poached Halibut Rolls
- 1 l/2 pounds (680 g) halibut or sole fillets
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth or white wine
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) tarragon or basil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 mL) freshly chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) paprika
- Wipe dry fish fillets with paper toweling.
- Half each fillet lengthwise roll fillets separately.
- Melt butter in a round 9-inch (23-cm), for 1 minute on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Pour in chicken broth or white wine mix in garlic, tarragon or basil, Dijon mustard, tomatoes and sugar.
- Cover microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 5 minutes mix well.
- Arrange fish rolls side-by-side into a microwave-safe dish pour sauce all over.
- Microwave on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM' for 8 minutes, coating fish with cooking juices after the first 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer fish rolls onto a warm plate cover.
- Mix cream and paprika into cooking juices.
- Mix well microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 4 minutes, stirring once.
- Pour sauce all over fish rolls and serve.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Served over lemony rice, it becomes a light, delicous dish.
Complete this meal with a green salad and a fruit salad.
This recipe for Poached Halibut Rolls serves/makes: 3
The Poached Halibut Rolls recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Microwave