How to cook Poached Pike with Tartar Sauce
- 2 or more yellow pike fillets, according to the size of the fish
- Mixed salted herbs
- Pepper, to taste
- Thin lemon slices
- Thin onion slices
- Thin tomato slices (optional)
Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- Clean yellow pike fillets and remove bones transfer fillets into a metal strainer.
- Sprinkle fillets with mixed salted herbs and pepper, to taste.
- Top with lemon, onion and tomato slices.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pour 1 inch (2.5 cm) water into a large casserole bring to a boil, then lower filled strainer into casserole.
- Cover casserole simmer for approximately 5 minutes, until fish fillets are white to the center.
- Do not add tomatoe slices serve sprinkled with lemon juice along with tartar sauce.
How to cook Tartar Sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) lemony mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) salad dressing (mayonnaise style)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) relish
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) minced parsley or to taste
- Mix together all tartar sauce ingredients.
- Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour before serving, to blend flavors.
This recipe for Poached Pike with Tartar Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Poached Pike with Tartar Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered