How to cook Polish Carp in Horseradish Sauce
- 4 carp (pike, sole, or other white fish) fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 5 cups fresh vegetable stock Sour Cream-Horseradish Sauce:
- 3/4 cup creamed horseradish sauce
- 3/4 sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Shredded lettuce to garnish
- Place the carp fillets in a large saucepan and cover with the stock. Bring to simmering point then cook for 6 - 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
- Remove the fish from the stock, arrange on a serving platter, allow to cool then cover with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator.
- Strain the fish cooking liquor and allow to cool.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook over a medium heat, stirring well, for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add 1 cup of the cool fish stock, stirring constantly then continue to cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in horseradish, sugar, salt, sour cream and eggs. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then pour over the chilled fish and garnish with shredded lettuce.
This recipe for Polish Carp in Horseradish Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Polish Carp in Horseradish Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered