8 - 10
How to cook Polish Carp with Horseradish Sauce
- 1 whole fresh carp (about 4 pounds), cut into serving pieces
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cap white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated, fresh horseradish or 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the carp pieces in the water/vinegar solution.
- Wipe gently with a damp cloth, and then dredge the carp pieces in flour.
- Saute over medium heat in the butter. Lightly brown on both sides, and then add the wine.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gently remove fish to a heated serving dish. Gradually add the egg yolks and horseradish to the pan drippings.
- Heat until blended and slightly thickened. Correct seasoning.
- Spoon the horseradish sauce over the fish, sprinkle with chives, and serve immediately.
The Polish Carp with Horseradish Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Polish name for this recipe is Karp w Sosie Chrzanowym
The flavor of carp is better when the fish is taken from cold waters, the best season being from October through March. The firm-fleshed carp is a true delicacy when prepared with care. Besides being sold whole, it’s also marketed as fillets, steaks, and is occasionally smoked.
This recipe for Polish Carp with Horseradish Sauce serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Polish Carp with Horseradish Sauce (Karp w Sosie Chrzanowym) recipe is adopted from The Best of Polish Cooking by Karen West 2000.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered