3 - 4
How to cook Polish Fish in Greek Sauce
- 1 pound carp (whitefish or flounder) fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley sprigs Greek Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded parsley root
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can ( 6-ounce) tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut the carp fillets into 2-inch pieces.
- Fry fish in hot oil in skillet, then sprinkle with salt. Drain on paper towels. Arrange on a serving platter and keep warm.
- For sauce, heat oil in skillet. Stir-fry celery, carrots, and parsley root for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, water and salt. Cover, cook over low heat 15 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients, stir to mix.
- Chill sauce or serve over hot fish.
- Garnish the Polish Fish in Greek Sauce with parsley.
The Polish name for the Fish in Greek Sauce dish is Ryba po Grecku
This recipe for Polish Fish in Greek Sauce serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Polish Fish in Greek Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed