About 1 cup
How to cook Polish Mashed Anchovies
- 1 can (2-ounce) flat anchovy fillets, drained
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream or mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 slices stale white bread
- Mince or pound anchovy fillets.
- Moisten bread with enough water to cover; then squeeze dry.
- Break into bits or mince with a fork.
- Blend in sour cream and vinegar to make a smooth puree.
- Serve as a spread with dark bread rounds.
The Polish name for the Mashed Anchovies is Mashed Anchois
This recipe for Polish Mashed Anchovies serves/makes: About 1 cup
The Polish Mashed Anchovies recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked