4 - 6
How to cook Polish Pike au Gratin with Tomatooes
- 1 1/2 pounds pike (sole, trout, or other white fish) fillets
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Pinch ground thyme
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan, Swiss, or Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, optional
- Bring broth to boiling in a small saucepan.
- Blend flour into butter and stir into broiling broth. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Stir in salt, parsley flakes, pepper, thyme, and cream.
- Place the pike fillets in a well-buttered pan. Sprinkle chopped tomato over top of fish and pour the prepared sauce over it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 15 minutes.
- Mix cheese, bread crumbs, melted butter, and lemon juice, if desired. Sprinkle over fish in pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes longer, or until fish flakes easily.
Gratin - a dish that is topped with cheese or bread crumbs and grilled or baked until golden and crispy. French - au Gratin.
This recipe for Polish Pike au Gratin with Tomatooes serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Polish Pike au Gratin with Tomatooes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Baked