How to cook Polish Simmered Sole with Vegetables
- 2 pounds sole (or other white fish) fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup savoy cabbage, shredded (optional)
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 parsley root, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large skillet. Add vegetables and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sole fillets with salt. Place on the vegetables. Add water. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- For sauce: melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour. Cook and stir until golden. Then gradually stir in broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce boils.
- Transfer the simmered sole to a warm platter. Stir the sauce into the vegetables. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper; stir in sour cream. Pour over the fish.
The Polish name for the Simmered Sole with Vegetables is Sola z Jarzynami
This recipe for Polish Simmered Sole with Vegetables serves/makes: 6
The Polish Simmered Sole with Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered