How to cook Polish Stewed Fish in Crayfish Sauce
- 2 pounds fish fillets
- 1 pound crayfish, parboiled or 1 pound medium shrimp, parboiled
- 1/2 cup butter
- 7 cups light cream (or half-and-half)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Parsley (optional), to garnish
- Make a roux of the melted butter and flour in the top of a double boiler. Add cream slowly, stirring continuously. Mix in the spices, and simmer for 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Slice the fish fillets down center. Begin at the sidest end of the fillet and roll up. Secure each fillet with a toothpick. Place rolled-up fillets in sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes, covered.
- Shell and devein the crayfish (or shrimp).
- Add the mushrooms and crayfish (or shrimp) to the sauce and heat through.
- Remove toothpicks, arrange fish and sauce on a warmed platter, and garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
The Polish Stewed Fish in Crayfish Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Polish name for this recipe is Ryba Duszona w Sosie Rakowym
This recipe for Polish Stewed Fish in Crayfish Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Polish Stewed Fish in Crayfish Sauce (Ryba Duszona w Sosie Rakowym) recipe is adopted from The Best of Polish Cooking by Karen West 2000.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered