8 - 10
How to cook Polish Stuffed Baked Fish
- 1 whole (about 4-5 pounds) dressed carp (pike or trout)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water or wine
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle cavity of fish with salt and pepper.
- For stuffing: melt 1/3 cup butter in skillet. Add onion and celery. Stir-fry until onion is transparent. Add apples, parsley, and mushrooms. Stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- Mix cooked vegetables with bread cubes, sugar, thyme, lemon juice, eggs, and water. Blend well.
- Fill fish cavity with the stuffing. Close cavity with skewers or wooden picks. Place fish in a roasting pan and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F about 40 minutes, or until fish flakes easily. Baste occasionally with additional melted butter.
The Polish name for the Stuffed Baked Fish dish is Nadziewana Pieczona Ryba
This recipe for Polish Stuffed Baked Fish serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Polish Stuffed Baked Fish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Baked