3 - 4
How to cook Polynesian Easy Grilled Mackerel
- 1 medium whole mackerel (about 1 pound / 450 g)
- 1 small onion
- 2 tomatoes.
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Banana leaf
- Start the fire, then prepare the food. Clean the mackerel thoroughly.
- Soften the banana leaf on the fire and prepare by folding in half.
- Put the mackerel on banana leaf, scatter sliced tomatoes and onion over the top.
- Add coconut cream and sprinkle lemon juice over the top.
- Wrap everything together and place on the fire.
- Cook for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve the grilled mackerel immediately with boiled taro or sweet potatoes.
The Polynesian Grilled Mackerel is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
You can usually find fresh banana leaves sold in packages (they contain several leaves). Store whatever is leftover in the freezer and they should last a long time. If you cannot find fresh, you can certainly purchase frozen ones from the freezer section.
However, if you cannot find banana leaves at all, you can use aluminium foil but you won't get the flavor from the banana leaf.
This recipe for Polynesian Easy Grilled Mackerel serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Polynesian Easy Grilled Mackerel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled