6 - 8
How to cook Polynesian Steamed Taro Leaves with Fish
- 3-4 cups flaked fish, canned or freshly cooked
- 1 onion
- 2 small chillies
- 2 coconuts
- About 24 tender young taro leaves
- 3-4 cups water
- 6-8 cocktail sticks or sharpened fronds from coconut leaf (6 inches long)
- Grate coconuts. Squeeze out the cream, add water. Strain and salt.
- Remove the bones from the fish.
- Chop onion and chillies finely.
- Lay out 3-4 taro leaves. Make a hollow and put in fish, onions, chillies and coconut cream.
- Parcel neatly, using coconut fronds or cocktail sticks.
Place in a pot. Continue until all ingredients are used.
- Cover parcels with coconut cream and steam until cooked.
- Serve the steamed fish in taro leaves with root crops.
The taro leaves are perfectly edible plus they are nutritious. Use only young leaves for cooking. With unique flavor and great taste, young taro leaves are easily likable.
This recipe for Polynesian Steamed Taro Leaves with Fish serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Polynesian Steamed Taro Leaves with Fish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Steamed