How to cook Pomfret Tandoori Style
- 1 whole pomfret (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoon ajwain
- 2 tablespoon milk cream
- 2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (haldi) powder
- 2 cups Hung curd (dahi)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and make 3 - 4 deep incisions on the fishes.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients well and rub the fishes with the paste and allow it for 1 hour.
- Place one fish at a time onto the oven and cook covered on medium high of 175°F (80°C) for 12 minutes.
- Turn the fish while mid-way through the cycle.
- Repeat with the second fish, till the fish is crisp.
- Serve hot with chat masala and lemon juice.
The tandoor is used for cooking in India, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, the Transcaucasus, the Balkans, the Middle East, Central Asia as well as Burma and Bangladesh.
This recipe for Pomfret Tandoori Style serves/makes: 2 servings
The Pomfret Tandoori Style recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pomfret
Preparation Method: Baked