How to cook Poor Man's Lobster
- 1 monkfish fillet (about 2 pounds), quartered
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In saucepan, combine butter, garlic, salt, hot pepper sauce and lemon juice; simmer.
- Meanwhile, steam fillet until flaky.
- Pour butter mixture into 4 small bowls for dipping.
- Serve the Poor Man’s Lobster with rice pilaf or baked potato and favorite vegetable.
The Poor Man’s Lobster recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Monkfish was a one time called the "poor man's lobster." It has a firm white flesh and not too many bones.
This recipe for Poor Man's Lobster serves/makes: 4 servings
The Poor Man's Lobster recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Fish Traditions: Member Recipes.
Main Ingredient: Monkfish
Preparation Method: Steamed