1 pound of squid for 2 - 3 persons
How to cook Portuguese Simmered Tiny Squid
- Very small squid (1 pound of squid for 2 - 3 persons)
- Olive oil
- Onion, sliced
- Garlic, chopped
- Few small bits of fat bacon
- Red and white wine
- Hot chilli pepper
- Parsley, chopped
- Clean tiny (very small) squid, but do not bother to remove their “pens”.
- Heat some olive oil in a casserole and gild therein some sliced onion and chopped garlic and a few small bits of fat bacon.
- Add the squid, both red and white wine, snippets of hot chilli pepper and chopped parsley.
- Let this all simmer uncovered for a while, observing how the squid take on a pleasing purple hue.
- When they are tender serve them with their juices, potatoes at one end of the platter and steamed rice at the other.
This recipe for Portuguese Simmered Tiny Squid serves/makes: 1 pound of squid for 2 - 3 persons
The Portuguese Simmered Tiny Squid recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered