8 - 10
How to cook Puerto Rican Octopus Salad
- 3 1/2 pounds fresh or precooked octopus
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup manzanilla olives
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- If using fresh octopus, in a large pot combine the octopus, bay leaves, peppercorns, cilantro, and water to cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour. Drain and cool.
- Clean the octopus by cutting out the eyes and cut it into small pieces.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add to the cooked octopus and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving, although it's better if left overnight.
The Puerto Rican Octopus Salad recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Puerto Rican name for this recipe is Ensalada de Pulpo
This recipe for Puerto Rican Octopus Salad serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Puerto Rican Octopus Salad (Ensalada de Pulpo) recipe is adopted from A Taste of Puerto Rico by Yvonne Ortiz - 1997.
Main Ingredient: Various Seafood
(more Various Seafood
Preparation Method: Salad