How to cook Puerto Rican Rice with Squid
- 2 (6-ounce) cans squid in its ink (calamares en su tinta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup alcaparrado (mixture of olives, pimientos strips and capers)
- 2 1/2 cups short-grain rice
- 4 to 5 cups chicken stock or boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and saute the squid (calamares) over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir the rice, cover, and cook over very low heat for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
The Puerto Rican Rice with Squid recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Puerto Rican name for this recipe is Arroz con Calamares
This recipe for Puerto Rican Rice with Squid serves/makes: 6
The Puerto Rican Rice with Squid (Arroz con Calamares) recipe is adopted from A Taste of Puerto Rico by Yvonne Ortiz - 1997.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered