How to cook Quick Orange Roughy Chowder
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen orange roughy fillets, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 (24-ounce) package frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill sprig to garnish
- Cut fish fillets into 1-inch cubes.
- Bring hash browns and 1 cup water to a boil in a large saucepan reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in evaporated milk, cream of potato soup, bacon bits, dill, salt and pepper return to a boil.
- Add orange roughy fillets and pimiento cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve the Quick Orange Roughy Chowder immediately with fresh dill sprig as garnish.
This recipe for Quick Orange Roughy Chowder serves/makes: 2 quarts
The Quick Orange Roughy Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew