How to cook Quick Perch Chowder
- 1 pound perch (torsk or walleye) cut in small pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 (12 oz.) can cream style corn
- 1 (13 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups diced raw potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In 4-quart or larger pan, saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add water, potatoes, carrots, celery, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Put perch on top of potatoes and simmer 15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily and potatoes are done.
- Stir in corn and evaporated milk and heat just below boiling.
- Do not overcook the Quick Perch Chowder or milk will curdle.
This recipe for Quick Perch Chowder serves/makes: 8
The Quick Perch Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew