How to cook Rare Grilled Sea Scallops
- 8 to 10 scallops (about 3 ounces each is prefect)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 4 Key limes, cut in half
- Coat the scallops in olive oil and place on the hottest part of a charcoal grill.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh thyme. Take the Key lime halves and place one on top of each scallop.
- Close the top of the grill and leave for about 3 minutes. Then turn the scallops clockwise instead of over, and squeeze the limes over the top of the scallops.
- Turn the scallops over on the other side briefly, grill for just 1 minute, and serve hot off the grill as is.
The Rare Grilled Sea Scallops recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Rare Grilled Sea Scallops serves/makes: 4
The Rare Grilled Sea Scallops recipe is adopted from the Cooking in The Lowcountry From The Old Post Office by Jane & Michael Stern - 2004.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled