How to cook Rhubarb Fish Curry
- 1 1/3 pounds pollock or tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 9 ounces rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 thumb-size piece of turmeric or 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4-6 teaspoons coconut sugar (or regular to taste)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the fish filets, cut them into bite-size pieces, place in a bowl, add the lemon juice, some salt, and white pepper. Cover and place in the fridge, while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves finely but keep them separated. Clean and chop the rhubarb into thin slices, about 1/2 inch thick. Grate the turmeric finely.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet (or a non-stick pan). Cook the onions until translucent, add the garlic and stir for another minute or so. Add the rhubarb, turmeric and curry paste and cook gently for about 3 minutes. Add the sugar and the vegetable broth, some salt, and pepper. Stir well, then add the heavy cream. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes.
- Mash one of the bananas and cut the other one into small cubes. Add them to the pot together with the fish and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Adjust the taste with more salt, pepper, and sugar if you find it necessary. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Serve the Rhubarb Fish Curry immediately over steamed white rice.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
The Rhubarb Fish Curry recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
An unusual, but delicious, combination of tastes of curry, rhubarb, and banana.
This recipe for Rhubarb Fish Curry serves/makes: 4 servings
The Rhubarb Fish Curry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered