2 - 3 servings
How to cook Rioja Steamed Mussels with Chorizo
- 2 pounds fresh mussels, cleaned and bearded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion or 2 medium, sliced into half rings
- 1 glass Rioja or other dry red wine
- 5 ounces fresh chorizo, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A little chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot or saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat, add sliced onion and cook a few minutes, until softened.
- Then add the chorizo and cook 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, wine, and mussels, cover with a lid, and cook over a high heat approx. 4 minutes.
- Remove the lid and discard any mussels that didn't open.
- Cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Serve the Rioja Steamed Mussels with Chorizo immediately with the sauce in which the mussels were cooked and fresh baguette or warm crusty bread.
This recipe for Rioja Steamed Mussels with Chorizo serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The Rioja Steamed Mussels with Chorizo recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Steamed