How to cook Risotto with Smoked Mackerel
- 1 pound smoked mackerel, skin removed and flaked into bite size pieces
- 3/4 pound risotto rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound green peas
- 2 ounces cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups broth, hot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Stir fry the onion and garlic 3 minutes in olive oil.
- Add the rice and stir fry 3 minutes more.
- Add the white wine, bring to the boil.
- Add the broth, in little batches, add a new batch when one has been absorbed, until the rice is well done. This will take about half an hour.
- Finally, add the peas, the cheese, the butter and the smoked mackerel and stir well.
Risotto is a rich and creamy, traditional Italian rice dish. It is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy.
This recipe for Risotto with Smoked Mackerel serves/makes: 4
The Risotto with Smoked Mackerel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed