How to cook Roast Pickerel
- 4 pickerel or pike fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Wash the pickerel fillets gently in cold water, then dry in paper towels. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place the fillets in a buttered baking dish, spot with butter, sprinkle on the chopped chives, and then pour on the juice from 1 lemon and the white wine. Roast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes depending on thickness.
- Serve the Roast Pickerel with lemon wedges.
The Roast Pickerel recipe easy to prepare and so good!
is often a name given to walleye, although the true name belongs to the chain pickerel. Common nicknames in the southeastern United States are the southern pike and jack fish.
This recipe for Roast Pickerel serves/makes: 4 servings
The Roast Pickerel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The photo for a Chain Pickerel is submitted by Sam Howard - 05.02.2016.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Baked